Have you heard? Two of our Board Members Are Retiring with 20 Years of Combined Service – Help us Honor Them with The Creation of the Tenant Wellbeing Support Fund

Do you volunteer? Whether you have given 2 hours to your local foodbank or spend countless hours sitting on Boards of Directors and helping your community, I’m sure you are aware of the essential impact volunteers make on our community.

This June, two long-standing members of Supportive Housing of Waterloo’s Board of Directors are retiring. As dedicated and committed volunteer board members, Tim Sothern and Mark Crowell have given countless hours, support, and expertise to ensure those needed supportive and affordable housing in Kitchener Waterloo have access to it.  Between the 2 of them they have over 20 years of service to SHOW!!

In celebration of Tim and Mark’s commitment to SHOW we need your help. 

By donating to our 20K FOR 20 Years Challenge you will give the gift of peace of mind for when unexpected costs arise for our tenants. Imagine needing a mobility scooter to get yourself to the grocery store but finding out that government subsidies and funding will only cover 75% of the cost, where does the other 25% come from?

Or, imagine needing to replace your eye glasses due to an accident but you’ve already received your annual entitlement, do you wait until next year’s entitlement period to begin before you can replace them?

When you donate to our Tenant Wellbeing Support Fund you are granting access to necessities that our tenants may have otherwise had to do without. More than that, your support will improve quality of life for our tenants while also celebrating the generous act of volunteerism.

The Tenant Wellbeing Support Fund will be accessible to tenants from all our buildings, including our newest building at 144 Erb St. E, which is providing affordable housing to seniors in our community. As an added bonus, each dollar raised through CanadaHelps this June will provide us with a ballot, entering us in a draw to win a $20,000 prize. Could you imagine the impact $40,000 could make for our tenants? Please click HERE to make your gift today